Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One look

Just watched a video of a muslim woman holding her own against a muslim cleric or whatever, they are called, who was condemning her for being on a TV show.  He insisted that she was a disgrace to her country and religion. She justified it by explaining that it was the only income for her family and how honorable her behavior and dress was.

He told her that no man was to look at her twice and she told him submit himself for punishment.

I understand the principles being applied by the cleric and that there is a probability of a sin by a man if a woman allows herself to be part of it.  I have told one of my nieces that same thing.  I am not sure what she understood but  I told her my first thought about how she was dressed was my fault. My second thought about how she was dressed was hers.

The muslim woman's final response to the cleric when he accused her of being in violation of the teaching of Mohammed was to rebuke the actions of Muslim clerics in their religion who are molesting and raping children in the mosques.

I understand and support correct principles, I abhor the hypocrisy, and I fear for her well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment