Monday, May 7, 2012

Faith

My definition of Faith:  The understanding of the existing, the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.

I do not subscribe to science because it does not explain the unseen which seems to exist in spite of the lack of evidence. I do not prescribe religion because it does not explain the real world but because it explains the spiritual existence of the real world. I seek understanding which may lead to increased knowledge. I seek faith which may lead to the revelation of the unseen.


I can plant but I cannot grow. I can see but I cannot create. I can exist but I cannot endure. I cannot comprehend existence coming from non-existence nor can I comprehend the spark of life which animates the matter of this existence. This leads me to believe in the unseen, to hope for eternal life, and have faith that it will be in my best interest.


To say that God has faith limits God to the status of temporal man. God has all knowledge. God created faith for man so that he might have hope and as the preeminent evidence of his existence. The bible is too easily changed, misinterpreted, and misunderstood.  Even the Book of Mormon with its purported miraculous inception is too easily dismissed, discounted, and disdained to be the definitive proof of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment