Friday, June 8, 2012

Texas

Just returned from a trip to Texas. Drove from Idaho through Utah, New Mexico and some of Texas. My wife and I flew from Dallas to Denver then Salt Lake. I understand that this part of rural America is not representative of the population dense regions of the world but the relative crush of humanity was apparent. I understand that the living standards exposed to view are beyond most and way beyond the majority of the world's population. I question whether the world's resources are adequate for the potential demand. However, I am impressed by the ingenuity, creativity, and flexibility of human species. I am concerned at the incompetence of the collective leadership of this world. I am afraid of the evil that lurks in the hearts of man. In spite of that, I know that throughout the world, life is better than it has ever been so I guess I have hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment